Roast a Turkey, Feed the Family Leftovers All Week

I am always looking for ways to cut the cost of weekly groceries and for ways to make my crazy busy life easier. Last week I decided to roast a 15 pound turkey and serve it for as many days as it would last. It was very cost effective, healthy and easy. The turkey cost me $12.00. Hurray!

On Sunday I roasted the turkey. I served it with some roasted potatoes, stuffing, vegetables and gravy. Delish! I used a lot of side dishes so the turkey wouldn't disappear too fast. I carved up the rest of the turkey so it would be ready to use for the rest of the week.

On Monday night, I made a turkey curry. I simply added turkey to our favorite jar of red curry sauce and cooked on the stove top. I added some some peas as well. I served it over rice. So tender and tasty!

Turkey Curry
 On Tuesday morning, I put decided to make turkey chili in the crock pot so it would be ready when we got home late from soccer practice. I sprayed the crock pot with non-stick spray, added a large can of tomato juice, 3 cans of chili beans, a packet of chili seasoning and some of the turkey. I let it cook all day. It was so good to come home to a nice pot of hot chili.

Crock Pot Turkey Chili
 On Wednesday night, I put together a pot of turkey noodle soup. I got a nice big soup pot and added 4 cans of chicken broth, lots of noodles, turkey, salt and pepper and some frozen carrots and peas I had on hand. After it boiled for a few minutes, I let it simmer. Nice comfort food.
Turkey Noodle Soup
On Thursday night there was still chili leftover. I made some baked potatoes and we put the chili on top of the spuds along with butter and sour cream...pure delight.

The turkey lasted Sunday-Thursday. I was pretty happy with that. It didn't seem like we had turkey every night. The flavors were all so different. Give it a try!

Comments

Popular Posts