Kool-Aid = Hair Dye! (For Kids)


I am lucky enough to have great kids. They work hard in school, play sports, and are really sweet. So when my 9 year old daughter told me she wanted to dye the tips of her blonde hair pink using Kool-Aid, I was fine with it. Cheap, easy fun. 

If you want to give this a try, it is pretty darn easy. It is permanent? A little bit - yes. Some people say it lasts 4-6 weeks. Some say longer. Some say shorter. Don't expect the color to last less than 3 weeks. My Caylee has had it for 3 days and there are no signs of fading. I am not too worried about it. I'm sure there is a product at Sally's Beauty Supply that will remove it. If all else fails, we can always go to the salon. 

Here is what you do -

1. Buy 2 packets of your favorite color of Kool-Aid.
2. Boil water in a pan. The less water you use, the deeper the color. Add more water for a less dramatic effect. 
3. Add both packets of kool-aid. Or one packet. Your choice.
4. Let the water cool a bit. Cool it enough so there is no danger of burning anyone!
5. Dip the hair into the mixture. As I pulled the hair out of the Kool-Aid water, I put it onto a paper towel and squeezed it.
6. Once you have the effect you want, dry the hair. Use a straighter to really set the color.
7. Have your kiddo take a shower and wash their hair. Nobody wants ants from Kool-Aid hair.



This is right after we did it






Comments

Popular Posts